Compare Pet Insurance

See the table below for a more detailed outline of what features and options are available with each of our Pet Insurance Policies.

Policy Features

Feature Comprehensive Pet Insurance
Choice of Annual Benefit Limit
$15,000 or $10,000
Percentage of Vet bill covered

You only pay 25% as a co-payment and we will cover the other 75% of the Vet bill, up to your choice of annual benefit limit.

Covers Illnesses
Cancer treatment
Skin Conditions e.g. allergies
Ear / eye conditions
Gastrointestinal problems
Tick paralysis — annual benefit
Covers Accidental Injury
Consultations — annual benefit
After-hours emergency visits
Specialist care
Laboratory and diagnostic tests
Prescription Medicines & drugs
Cruciate ligament conditions — annual benefit
Hereditary and congenital conditions**
Waiting period

There is a 6 month waiting period for cruciate ligament claims unless we receive a letter from your vet certifying your pet has no cruciate ligament conditions

30 days for illness conditions
Optional Routine Care Cover
Lifelong cover - as long as there are no gaps or breaks in cover
21 day-cooling off period
Emergency Boarding Fees

We will pay up to $20.00 per day for the cost of boarding your pet at a licensed boarding facility if you are hospitalised up to an annual maximum of:

Overseas Pet Travel

We will pay for eligible veterinary costs that your pet has incurred whilst it is on holiday with you in destinations where your pet is not required to be quarantined on return to Australia

Multi-pet Discount

We offer a 5% discount for each additional pet you insure after the first one.

*You may be eligible for a higher limit and if so this will be specified in your certificate of insurance.

**Excludes pre-existing conditions (see further information here)

This is a brief summary only. Conditions apply. Full details are contained in the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (including Policy Wording), available from the policy documents page.

1300 Insurance’s Pet Protect is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436 (Hollard), is promoted and distributed by Hollard’s Authorised Representative (AR) 1300 Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 83 126 093 696, AR 327609 and is arranged and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183. Any advice provided is general only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to ensure this product meets your needs before purchasing. PDS and Target Market Determination available at